Abhaya Hiranmayi is a famous Indian playback singer who has done a lot of work in the Malayalam and Telugu film industries. Beginning her musical journey in 2014, she started out by singing background vocals for several Malayalam movie songs. People were immediately drawn to her soulful voice and flawless singing skills, which eventually led to her big break as a playback singer.
The song “Naku Penta, Naku Taka” from the movie with the same name made Abhaya Hiranmayi famous in the world of Malayalam movies. This first song not only showed off her amazing voice, but it also marked the start of a bright career in playback singing.
Abhaya Hiranmayi has been captivating audiences with her melodious renditions ever since her first performance. The Malayalam and Telugu film industries want her as a playback singer because she can make people feel things through her music. Over the years, she has lent her voice to many hit songs, which has helped many films do well and earned her praise for her musical skills.
Abhaya Hiranmayi’s journey in the world of playback singing is an example for aspiring musicians and shows how important hard work and talent are in the entertainment industry, which is very competitive. With every song, she manages to enchant listeners, leaving an indelible mark on the hearts of Indian music fans.
Biography, Wiki, Age, Height, Caste, Husband, Salary and Photos
|in centimeters—update soon
|in kilograms—Update Soon
|Date of Birth
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
|Father: G. Mohan
|Brother: Update Soon
Sister: Update Soon
Abhaya Hiranmayi’s musical journey goes back a long way in her family. Her parents taught her the basics of being an artist. Born in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, she was lucky enough to grow up in a family that encouraged her love of music.
Lathika, Abhaya’s mother, taught her the basics of music, which was a big part of how interested she became in music. Abhaya built a strong base and improved her skills with her help, which paved the way for her eventual journey into the world of playback singing.
Abhaya Hiranmayi also had the influence of her father, G. Mohan, in addition to her mother. He served as a programme producer for Doordarshan Kendra, further contributing to the artistic environment in which she was raised. Growing up with a father who worked in TV production probably exposed her to a wide range of musical styles and artistic expressions, which helped shape her varied musical tastes.
The loving care that Abhaya Hiranmayi received from her family was a major factor in developing her love of music. Having her mother’s help and her father’s access to TV shows undoubtedly made her musical journey better and helped her develop a deeper and more varied voice.
Abhaya is still making a name for herself in the world of playback singing, and her family has had a big impact on her life. This shows how important a loving and creative upbringing is for a successful career in the music business.
Personal life or relationship
Abhaya Hiranmayi’s personal life has been the subject of public interest, particularly her relationship with composer Gopi Sundar. The two shared a significant period of their lives together in a live-in relationship, a commitment that Sundar openly acknowledged. In July 2018, Gopi Sundar revealed that they had been in a relationship for nine years, shedding light on the long-standing bond they had built.
However, relationships evolve, and in May 2022, Gopi Sundar confirmed the end of their romantic journey by publicly declaring their breakup. The announcement marked a significant change in their personal lives and drew attention from fans and the media alike.
Abhaya Hiranmayi’s educational journey reflects a transition from traditional academics to the pursuit of her passion for music. Growing up in Thiruvananthapuram, she attended Carmel School, where she likely laid the initial groundwork for her academic and artistic pursuits.
Hiranmayi later enrolled in the Muslim Association College of Engineering in Venjaramoodu, Thiruvananthapuram, to pursue a degree in engineering. However, her path took a different turn as her passion for music became increasingly prominent. Choosing to follow her heart and nurture her talent, she made the decision to drop out of engineering studies and delve into a full-time career in music.
The choice to prioritise her artistic aspirations over conventional academic pursuits underscores the depth of Hiranmayi’s commitment to her craft. It’s a testament to the fact that sometimes one’s true calling lies beyond the confines of a traditional educational path. Her decision to follow her passion has proven to be a pivotal step, as she has gone on to establish herself as a notable playback singer in the Indian film industry.
Social Media Accounts
- Debut in 2014: Abhaya Hiranmayi initiated her professional journey in 2014, initially providing backing vocals for various Malayalam film songs.
- “Thanne Thanne” in Two Countries (2015): Her breakthrough moment came with the song “Thanne Thanne” from the film “Two Countries,” starring Dileep and Mamta Mohandas.
- Telugu Debut: “Choti Zindagi” (2015): In the same year, she marked her entry into the Telugu film industry by lending her voice to the song “Choti Zindagi” for the film “Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju.”
- “Mazhaye Mazhaye” in James & Alice (2016): Abhaya collaborated with Karthik to deliver the romantic ballad “Mazhaye Mazhaye” for the film “James & Alice” in 2016, further establishing her presence in the Malayalam music scene.
- “Koyikode Song” in Goodalochana (2017): One of her notable accomplishments was the song “Koyikode Song,” which Gopi Sundar, a longtime collaborator, wrote for the Malayalam movie “Goodalochana” in 2017. The track, an ode to Kozhikode, became an instant hit and earned her recognition, including an award at the Asiavision Awards for excellence in singing.
Abhaya Hiranmayi Songs list
- 2014: Naku Penta, Naku Taka
- Song: “Naku Penta, Naku Taka”
- 2015: Vishwasam Athallae Ellaam
- Song: “No Foolakking”
- 2015: Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju
- Song: “Choti Zinagi”
- 2015: Two Countries
- Song: “Thanne Thanne”
- 2015: James and Alice
- Song: “Mazhaye Mazhaye”
- 2017: Satya
- Song: “Njan Ninne Thedivarum”
- 2017: Goodalochana
- Song: “Koyikode Song”
- 2017: Two Countries
- Song: “Cheliya Cheliya Vidipoke Kalala”
- 2020: Joshua
- Song: “Cheliya Konda Konda Kondattom”
- 2024: Malaikottai Vaaliban
- Song: “Punnara Kattile Poovanatthil”
Abhaya Hiranmayi’s professional career, which includes a wide range of songs in both Malayalam and Telugu cinema, demonstrates her versatility as a playback singer. Her collaborations with renowned composers and the success of her songs have contributed to her standing in the music industry.
Some Lesser-Known Facts about Her
- Engineering Background: Abhaya Hiranmayi initially pursued engineering at the Muslim Association College of Engineering in Venjaramoodu, Thiruvananthapuram, before deciding to drop out and follow her passion for music.
- Early Backing Vocals: Before making her debut as a playback singer, she started her career by providing backing vocals for various Malayalam film songs in 2014.
- Interlude in “Thanne Thanne”: In the song “Thanne Thanne” from the film “Two Countries,” music composer Gopi Sundar used Abhaya Hiranmayi’s voice as an interlude, showcasing her unique contribution to the composition.
- Telugu Debut: “Choti Zindagi”: While she gained recognition primarily in the Malayalam industry, she also ventured into the Telugu film scene with the song “Choti Zindagi” for the movie “Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju.”
- Recognition for “Koyikode Song”: The song “Koyikode Song” from the Malayalam film “Goodalochana” not only became a hit but also earned her an award at the Asiavision Awards for excellence in singing, marking a significant achievement in her career.
- Longtime Collaboration with Gopi Sundar: Abhaya Hiranmayi shares a longstanding collaboration with composer Gopi Sundar, and their musical partnership has produced several successful tracks, showcasing their creative synergy.
- Versatility in Genres: Throughout her career, she has showcased versatility by singing in various genres, from romantic ballads like “Mazhaye Mazhaye” to rustic and popular tracks like the “Koyikode Song.”
- Breakthrough in 2015: Her breakthrough moment came in 2015 with the song “Thanne Thanne,” which marked a significant step in her journey from providing backing vocals to becoming a prominent playback singer.
In conclusion, Abhaya Hiranmayi’s journey in the world of playback singing is characterised by a remarkable blend of versatility and talent. From her early days providing backing vocals to making a memorable debut with “Naku Penta, Naku Taka,” she has consistently delivered soulful renditions across various genres. Collaborating with composers like Gopi Sundar and contributing to hit songs such as “Koyikode Song,”
Abhaya has left an indelible mark on the Malayalam and Telugu film industries. Her decision to pursue a career in music, even after starting engineering studies, reflects a commitment to her passion that has resulted in both critical acclaim and popular success. As she continues to enchant audiences with her melodious voice, Abhaya Hiranmayi stands as a testament to the power of following one’s artistic calling.